Thursday 2 February 2012

Facebook Professional Cover Page



I have created a page on Facebook to promote myself in a professional tone, anything posted on Facebook I believe loses its professionalism. This will be a tool for future employers to get a better understanding of who I am and what I have done; you may notice it resembles a resume combined with a cover letter. In my Facebook page I introduce myself and shed light on my values achievements. I  provided a highlight reel of my employment history to showcase my talents and experiences. On the Facebook page I shared some of my interests and hobbies. Most importantly I shared my hopes, dreams and aspirations for the future. It was important to me to present myself in a manor that proved my ambitions for the future and my hardworking, dedicated attitude. Its a net tool buy I still prefer a paper resume and cover letter that are strictly professional.  Seriously how many employers go on random peoples Facebook and recruit people it cannot replace the method of resume and cover letter.  No matter what facebook is a social network and it should be used as a social network not for business.  Even the Bill Gates professonal page is alot more social than serious as seen below.



It was kind of interesting I never thought of Facebook as a marketing tool I always thought of it as a negative when employers can see people in not their greatest moments. Realistically, it is a social tool for me to stay in touch with friends. I am


http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&biw=1280&bih=836&gbv=2&tbm=isc
fascinated with the many, many different ways technology can be utilized. This will be great for me as I continue my school career and when I am graduated. As technology evolves I to will grow with it and utilize all the opportunities it provides.

My classmate, Becky, has a very clear Facebook page, it is a great example with the detail and positive energy it has.  The link to her blog is http://bbohlender.blogspot.ca/.

Here is the link to my Facebook page :
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lucas-Poitras/233339810080909?sk=info

No comments:

Post a Comment